Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folks, please ...  (Read 13145 times)

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
Folks, please ...
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:36:55 AM »

While it is entirely possible my crone is showing, I need to make a comment here as something is starting to bug me ... and I suspect it may be bugging others as well.  Speaking only for myself, it would be much appreciated if folks would stop comparing these forums to WF.  As mentioned in our about page, this forum is not WF and it isn't intended to be a replacement for WF either.  I get that most of our current members are friends we knew from WF, and that there are times where a reference is appropriate, but please keep in mind that this forum was in the works long before WF disappeared.  It was merely good timing that we were close to launching it when WF went down. ;)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
Re: Folks, please ...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »

I will have to second Crystal's comment.  Pagan Journeys was created after a lot of thought and hard work by many different people, all with the goal of creating an open, nourishing and comfortable community.  While we did take some inspiration from WF on what we liked, we also took much of what we didn't like and wanted different.  Pagan Journeys is a NEW forum that just happens to have some former WF members.  It also has a few members that have never even heard of WF and will have more as time goes on.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.